Wednesday, September 30, 2009

College

College. I'm in it.

Approximately one month ago, I became a BYU cougar. Rawr. And so far, its been a pretty cool experience. I have the best roommate on the planet, the most comfortable bed on campus, and the worst time management skills known to man. This combination means that I spend a significant amount of my time napping, which is weird to me. I've never been a napper until I came here and sometimes stayed awake until 3 in the morning for, like, no particular reason.

I also spend a lot of time in the Harold B. Lee Library, Juvenile Literature section. Sometimes, me and my friends go to the library and pretend that we're hanging out and being cool like normal college students. We're not.

A cool thing about the library is that it looks like the set of Lost. By this I mean that everything looks like it was made in the 70's (which it was) when it was trendy to use stone-print tiles on the walls and have random tribal symbols etched on stuff and have everything be awkward shades of beige and brown and orange. See? My sister says that I'll learn to love it and think the style is way beautiful and awesome and stuff, but I'm pretty sure that mostly I'm just going to feel like i'm in the Hatch for my entire college experience. Which is fine with me.