Saturday, June 5, 2010

Thoughts from my sickbed

You guys, I think I'm dying.

 Okay, not really.  But I do feel really sick and I have the most random symptoms.  Like yesterday my eye swelled up.  And today my ears hurt REAL bad.  And two days ago my wrists ached every time I turned a door handle.  I feel like a mutant or something.

So, I've been lying in my bed trying to muster up the energy to get started on the massive and overwhelming amount of homework I have.  But I can't do it.  Instead I've been just chilling here thinking about really random things.

Like about how I really wish there was a new episode of 30 Rock for me to watch.  Tina Fey rocks my world.  Seriously, check her out.  MOUSE EARS.  And a LEOTARD.  On top of a SKYSCRAPER.  I think they should make a 30 Rock episode about the taking of this picture.  That is what I want to watch.


Also, I've been thinking about how I really need to read a good book.  I want to read a book that's going to change my life.  I have all of these books I want to read but no time to read them.  It makes me sad.  I love reading.  I  miss it.  Any good book suggestions?  Any good time management suggestions?

I've also been thinking about how this video simultaneously rocks my world and really stresses me out.  Like, did she break out really bad after they filmed this?  All of that paint can't be good for her skin.  Also, did they do this all in one day?  I can't imagine that being possible, for some reason.  What part would they have done first?  She has really pretty hair though.  And I like how everything is so sparkly.  I've watched this like five times today.

But, this video is so much better.  I just watched it and I feel really inspired.  I like the music.  I like the message more, of course.




Also, I want an ice cream cone.  Graham canyon.  In a waffle cone.  Okay, bye.

6 comments:

Alexandra said...

Ummm Tina Fey rocks my world too!!! xo

Positive Petersons said...

oh my goodness this post rocks my soul. so, here's the thing, my roommates used to watch this show called "Kendra" on E! or something like that. and she used to be a playboy bunny, classy. long story short she married a football player and is fabulously wealthy. but, my point is, she described how she used to have her body painted for photo shoots. i guess it's made chemically so that it neither rubs off or hurts the skin. and the jewels are glued on with some sort of paste. that's all i remember. also, her arms are amazing... okay novel ended. love you!! feel better!

Zoƫ said...

First, I think you should check your body for spider bites, because you might be turning into a superhero. Your symptoms echo those of Peter Parker (I think). Also, I love Tina Fey and I LOVE 30 Rock. The recent wedding storyline was hilarious. My favorite part was her bible reading and Matt Damon's cameo. Such a gorgeous man.

I'm reading the Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman right now. It's a book about a boy who lives in a graveyard and is raised by ghosts. I really love it so far. And I love both of those videos. Her hair is amazing and I love the paint. I want to go paint my own body and dance around now. That create video is awesome and one of the least cheesy Mormon messages that I've seen. Go Uchtdorf! :D

Anonymous said...

I'm worried about your GPA, Amanda. Haha... But, at the same time, I love this. You always have the best blog posts. I love reading them. Maybe, instead of writing me while I'm on my mission, you could just forward me your blog posts. That would be funny. See you never.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry you are ill! I know how you feel! You should take a pill!...ok so I didn't start out planning to rhyme but hey! Anyway....hehehe I can't stop. but really. You should feel better soon.

30 rock is my favorite show ever. If I ever had to be with an older man...it would be alec baldwin. He is pretty hott considering n all. Did you see date night? so funny!

As for books....did you read the help yet becuase it is wonderful. I just finished three others that I loved but I am not going to tell you their names becuase the help is a priority. Read it. I know you will love it (quote from you've got mail after she tells him to read prise and prejudice)

Ice cream cures the deepest of broken hearts and any form of mutations so eat up!

Love you lots and lots

Christine Marie said...

I am currently obsessed with Eat, Pray, Love. I know everyone is right now and I don't like being obsessed with what everyone else is obsessed with but it's pretty fantastic.
Also, I love your blog. Please blog more. Every day would be ideal but I would settle for a weekly blog post

xx