Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Bliggity Blog

I'm 27 pages away from finishing an awesome book (Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy, which takes place in South Carolina, which I'm visiting in exactly ONE MONTH FROM YESTERDAY! Woo hoo!) and I'm getting really sad about it.  I don't want it to end because reading it has been making me so happy.  This book has like been a part of my life for a while now and I don't want it to just go away.  You know the feeling?  So I'm procrastinating.  Which everyone knows in my world equals blogging.

Hi guys.  I have a few things to communicate.

1.  Regarding my last blog post, I would just like to clarify that the Tour de France's Spartacus is NOT Alberto Contador, but Fabian Cancellara, who is from Switzerland and a very good sprinter.  Thank you to literally every member of my immediate family for calling me out on that.  And thank you to Robby for explaining to me that Spartacus had nothing to do with the Clash of the Titans.  Different storylines both in the Tour de France and in mythology.

2.  Speaking of the Tour, I am devastated that Lance is out.  I love Lance.  He got a flat tire and was stopped for two whole minutes and then he crashed on several different days and now he is just not going to win no matter what he does.  Because of stinking crashes that weren't his fault.  There have been like a bajillion crashes so far, and they're all really really sad, but kind of amazing to watch.  For example,




3.  I've decided that my new favorite is this guy named Andy Schleck.  Mostly because of his accent, and because he's from Luxembourg, and who is ACTUALLY from Luxembourg?  Also because he's probably going to win the Tour de France.  I think they call people like me bandwagoners.  But his accent rocks because it seems so misplaced.  He just looks like an American guy to me, but then he has this hilarious accent.  Look...



My favorite part is, "I got a new bike, isn't it cool, no?"

4.  I realize nobody cares about the Tour de France and that I'm being really boring/snotty right now.  Sorry.  I will stop.

5.  But I can't think of anything else to talk about right now, so I'm just going to stop here.  Bye!

3 comments:

Aly said...

Andy Schleck is adorable, I loved that video. Sad for Lance, but he was really doing the tour for Livestrong anyways so I think it's okay. Keep blogging! love ya

Hannah said...

hey. i love you and your randomness!!! ps. we need to make up for lost time in college even though your a dirty rotten cougar. i'll pretend i dont know that fact about you

nicole said...

dont you just love andy (yeah we are on a first name status)