Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Crisp

Do you ever have those times in your life where you just can't seem to catch a break?  Because right now is one of those times for me.  I woke up last week with a cold and for a few days I felt just absolutely awful--like I had been run over by a steamroller (body aches), then swallowed some nails (scratchy throat), then consumed a million Otter Pops so I had perma-brain freeze (congestion).  So yeah, I may have been overreacting, but it was rough, and that's just the kind of person I am (dramatic).  I still feel kind of sick, but I also feel like I can function in society again, so that's good.
I remember when I woke up with the smallest symptoms of a cold, thinking "This is probably just the adversary trying to weaken me because I've been doing good things lately".  And guess what, guys?  DO NOT TEMPT FATE BY THINKING THAT.  Since then, a variety of things have just been happening to me that are either making me sad, driving me crazy, or just plain annoying me.  And it's frankly getting kind of old.

All in all I've just been kind of generally annoyed with life and myself and everything has felt kind of stale.  But guess what?  According to F. Scott Fitzgerald, 

So I'm going to roll with that.  Even though I live in Arizona and the weather doesn't get "crisp" until approximately January, I still am going to act on this alleged seasonal change.  I've got the best husband in the world, a great job, lots of people who support me, and a little bit of ambition. 

So here are my goals.  Hopefully, by the end of October I will have decided whether or not I want to pursue a Master's degree (and what I want to pursue it in, and I will have applied/taken the GRE) and I will be able to run four miles straight like I used to, and I will write something every day.  I found this really great website called 750words.com.  It is what it sounds like--you log in and write 750 words (which adds up to three pages) of private, unfiltered writing.  And it gives you points if you meet the 750 word mark!  I've been experimenting with it for a few weeks, and I signed a pledge to write on it every day in October. 

Because I really like to write, and I want to get better at it.  Writing privately on that website has been really fun for me, but I also want to write publicly, because, you know, that's how you know if you want to make a job out of it.  So, I guess the whole reason I'm writing this post is to say publicly that I hoping to blog semi-regularly in October, and I want you (Mom) to hold me up to it.  Okay?

Happy October.  Let's figure stuff out this month.

8 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm in, I commit to reading regularly in October! Go for it, (especially the taking the GRE part)!

Aly said...

I support you!So excited to read this month.

Amy Assante said...

Go Mandy!!

Anonymous said...

I've had a few moments today that fit your cartoon so it made me laugh pretty hard.
I say go for it! My future self is always grateful for anything my past self works on.

Jennifer said...

This reminds me of a happiness project goal! I think you have some great ideas and I am glad you have a "little bit of ambition". That will help you stay motivated.
I love that we get to start over and over in this life. I really think God blessed me to appreciate the "do overs", every morning, every Sunday, every New Year, etc. I get to try again and again. Maybe someday, I will get it right.

Jennifer said...

I also loved the illustration!

yanmaneee said...

nike foamposite
yeezy boost 350 v2
supreme hoodie
zx flux
yeezy shoes
jordan 12
yeezy shoes
supreme clothing
supreme
coach outlet online

phynel said...

Continued Louis Vuitton fake Bags check it out bags replica gucci over here replica bags china