Friday, September 28, 2012

Best of the Internet

I have been coming across the most HILARIOUS links from the interwebs for the past twelve hours, and I want to share them all on Facebook because they're all so funny, but then I think people might start deleting me as friends for spamming their news feed?  So, I'm going to put them all in this blog post.

When I was a freshman, I was chilling with my friends in the Cannon Center, eating some generic rice krispies for dinner because I love them.  I was slicing a banana to put in my cereal because they are delicious and people that don't put sliced banana in their rice krispies are probably felons. One of the guys at my table said, "Wow, you are going to be such a good mom.  Look at how perfectly you sliced that banana."  And I was like, "What do you mean?  Everyone slices bananas with this level of care and precision, right?"  And everyone was like, no.  No, that's not normal.  People don't spend that much time slicing bananas.  Only tiger moms.

Ever since, I've felt kind of isolated.  How can I achieve the perfect banana slices I so desire while maintaining the facade that I'm a normal person and maybe saving time to boot?  Enter the Hutzler Banana Slicer.

 Please go read the reviews on Amazon here. PLEASE.  "It's yellow-like bananas!"

I want to preface this next one by saying that I really, really, really love and respect the leaders of the Mormon church like, a lot, and I think that they are men of God.  Literally, that is what I think.  So I am not trying to make fun of them.  If you aren't Mormon, (which you probably are, because only my mom reads this blog and she is Mormon) you can learn more about apostles and prophets here.

That being said, the following video is AMAZING and warms my heart so much.  If you're friends with me on Facebook, you know how much I freaked out when Barack Obama sang (talked) (what do I call this...) Call Me Maybe.

.....BUT WATCH THIS.



I especially love how they included Elder Costa's "keeeeess" because I really love the way he says that.

(Incidentally, Elder Costa gave the BYU devotional that convinced me I should be with Robby forever.  I had broken up with him because I'm an idiot and was stressed about getting married at 20, but then I went to listen to this devotional in the SWKT and it made me realize that I was being an idiot and shoot, ships are safe in harbor but that's not what ships are for! and I should obviously marry Robby, so then I got back together with Robby and that night he had a Brick Oven pizza delivered to my apartment that was in the shape of a heart and had little pepperonis on it that were cut into little tiny heart shapes.  It was adorable.  Because right before we broke up I incited this stupid fight with Robby because I wanted to go get Brick Oven pizza and he did not.  The moral of this story is that I am a silly person sometimes and I love Elder Costa.  And Robby.  more.  in a romantic sense.  End parentheses.)


Anyways...look at this hilarious thing.


My awesome sister-in-law Katy sent me this link.  We had a cat named Daisy for a few months, but Robby really hated her and it got awkward so when I was in Utah this summer my parents babysat the cat for me and we just...never picked her up.  Thanks Mom and Dad!  Hope you like your new pet!  I'm thinking Robby and Daisy would have been much better friends if I had picked up one of these.  Robby has a well-documented love of unicorns.  Look at this picture of Robby with his best friend Jeff at his unicorn-themed 24th birthday party!  We've decided to throw the exact same party for our firstborn's fifth birthday, down to the cotton candy, pinata, and coloring.

 
And now, a few honorable mentions.

This, which made me laugh for a looooong time but it says the f-word and my mom reads this blog so I can't have that on here!  But you should click the link because it's funny.

I love Beyonce for a variety of reasons, and I also love snuggies. Which is why I love this, which I would just embed but I think the length of this post is getting annoying.  My bestie Brooke sent it to me and it is FABULOUS.

This is not hilarious at all, but I think it's really important and everyone should read it.  Womanhood, man.  It's tough stuff.  

Well, that's all.  Happy Friday.  I think my fever broke.

9 comments:

Aly said...

Please quit your job (sorry Dad) and become a full-time blogger. PLEASE. The simba thing had me in tears I was laughing so hard. PS love the new header. Very very married, haha.

Unknown said...

This was a really bad post to read at work because I kept laughing so hard while trying not to make any noise. It was a struggle. But seriously, good stuff.

jessica said...

I feel like a total stalker because I retweeted at you last night and now i'm commenting on your blog.. anyway.. I love when you blog. I laughed so hard reading this!

Jennifer said...

I loved the post and learned lots. Thanks for finding fun stuff online for me; I never have time to look around and find fun or thought provoking items like this post did for me. I guess my favorite article was the last one. I keep telling young women who ask me, "You can't have it all. You have to choose what is most important to you. But over a lifetime, I think you will have time to do the things you really care about."

Jennifer said...

Btw, I love the Audrey Hepburn quote!

Anonymous said...

I'm honored that the cat unicorn was included. I loved the banana cutter reviews. Have you seen the bic pen for her reviews? I think I laughed for an hour.

Dawn said...

You are the stealth blogger...you never mention a new post, so it's always a fun surprise. Keep them coming, you are my favorite blogger!

yanmaneee said...

nike foamposite
yeezy boost 350 v2
supreme hoodie
zx flux
yeezy shoes
jordan 12
yeezy shoes
supreme clothing
supreme
coach outlet online

Unknown said...

buy replica bags online k32 v1p52i8b83 high quality designer replica h11 c4b48k4a55 replica bags online v90 t6n90p1o41