Wednesday, November 21, 2012

It's Thanksgiving Eve!

Something about me is that I think Thanksgiving is the best holiday in the world.  I love it the way most people love Christmas.  It is my absolute favorite time of the year.  I have been too excited to function all day because Thanksgiving is tomorrow.  The start of the holiday season!  I feel so joyful and bloggy today. Thanksgiving is TOMORROW, guys.  It will be so fun!

I think a big part of the reason I love Thanksgiving so much is because I prefer fall-related decor schemes to winter-themed ones... I mean, I love Native Americans?...I mean, I love having the opportunity to express my gratitude for all of the cool things I have that other people don't...I mean, I get to spend time with my family.  And also eat delicious food.

But seriously, I love that everyone is so thankful.  I really do!  Thanksgiving is just such a wonderful start to the season.  Because really, it's all downhill after Thanksgiving.


Just kidding.  Black Friday is great.  Christmastime is also great.  But, in honor of the holiday, here are some random things I am thankful for today, in no particular order.

The Pioneer Woman, for just live-tweeting the movie Gone With the Wind while she made pie.  I love Scarlett.  I love Melanie.  I even love Rhett.  I love Rhee.  I love her frontier, and I love pie.  She is the spirit of Thanksgiving in my eyes.  Why am I not the Pioneer Woman?

Diet Dr. Pepper, Diet Coke, and Diet Pepsi.  I have had a very busy and fatigue-filled past few weeks, and I am pretty sure that I have single-handedly kept the diet cola industry afloat.  Thanks to my favorite caffeinated beverages for keeping me awake, functional, and happy in times of need.

Yale, for offering FREE college courses online!  Tender mercies.  This is something I had heard but didn't know anything about until I was frantically trying to finish a paper about Milton last week so I just googled "Milton paradise lost book 9" and this came up.  Just a Yale professor giving an hour-long lecture about Paradise Lost and boom, paper written.  It was so helpful!  I love Yale.  I love the internet.  I love English.  I do not love Milton, but I am working on it.  

I am also very thankful for my family and my husband and the Gospel for so many reasons.  I am so blessed and feel very lucky especially these last few, busy weeks.  I've gotten a lot of help.  But who wants to hear about that?  

Anyway,

 

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I am thankful that you posted again!