Friday, March 12, 2010

Cherishing

I found this quote today.   It says,

"Cherish your solitude.  Take trains by yourself to places you have never been.  Sleep alone under the stars.  Learn how to drive a stick shift.  Go so far away that you stop being afraid of not coming back.  Say no whenever you don't want to do something.  Say yes if your instincts are strong, even if everyone around you disagrees.  Decide whether you want to be liked or admired.  Decide if fitting in is more important than finding out what you're doing here.  Believe in kissing."

This is good advice, right?  When I first read this, it kind of blew my mind.  I love it.  I think we should all be secure enough in ourselves that we can truly cherish solitude.  How beautiful of a concept is that?  I've found myself alone this week a lot more than usual since i've been so busy with classes.  And I've had a really great week.  Sometimes, solitude is very refreshing.

Anyway, that's all I have to contribute to the internet for today.  Enjoy your weekends!  

3 comments:

Lucas said...

I find no solitude studying for midterms but agree with everything else you said!

Kaitlyn said...

I love that quote! Super inspiring! I love you lots!!
Love, Kaitlyn

Tyler Pete Arnett said...

I love my solitude. I love staying home and reading a good book by myself instead of going and hanging out. I love sitting in my room alone and just pondering life. I love running alone at night (not exactly safe for girls ha) with no music and just thinking about life, giving myself a pep talk and telling myself what I need to fix in my life. Solitude is awesome.