Friday, March 5, 2010

It's either gray or blue.

Blue skies are something I miss terribly. Pretty much every day when I would get out of school last year at Mountain View, I would walk outside and be stunned by the beautiful, beautiful, gigantic, blue desert sky. Sometimes you can see the curve of the earth because the sky is just so expansive and overwhelming. It's one of my favorite things.

You just don't get the same sky in Provo. And that's okay with me, because otherwise I wouldn't be able to appreciate how special it is when I go home. Anyway, I didn't intend to write this post to come across as all homesick-y. My point is that a clear blue sky is something that makes me terribly happy. I'm going to steal an idea from one of my favorite stranger's blogs, the rockstar diaries, and tell you ten things that make me terribly happy.

1. clear blue skies (obvi)
2. learning about things i've heard of, but never knew anything about
3. watching my humanities professor describe classical music and look like the happiest person in the world
4. online shopping for things i could never afford or actually wear in public, like wedding dresses and business suits and four hundred dollar sweaters and fabulous shoes
5. finding inspirational quotes by very smart people
6. orbit spearmint gum, coupled with bath and body works peppermint lip gloss. yum.
7. ballet flats
8. going to bed early, as in before 1 am
9. when the cannon center has pine nuts in the salad bar
10. literal, direct answers to prayers

Sometimes, I think it's good to count your blessings. It's also super fun. Anyway, that was a great exercise. I'll probably remember I have a blog again in like three months. So...see ya!

4 comments:

Aly said...

I was thinking about posting a list too inspired by rockstar diaries. I love this and wish you would blog all the time! you are fabulous and i love you!!

Tyler Pete Arnett said...

I miss you Amanda! When you come home we need to have a good heart to heart like we would way back in sophomore year! Those were the best. I agree with you on the blue skies nothing is better except the smell of orange blossoms in the spring.

Lucas said...

amanda you rock nuff said...

spencer said...

i thought this post would be about the civil war.