Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Have you heard

 of stumbleupon.com?  It is the most fun time-waster ever!  I love it.  I stumbled upon this the other day:


Sorry that I'm so obsessed with really random quotes-I've clearly been on a little bit of quote kick lately, as evidenced by my last three blog posts.  Oops.  It's just that all  of these scholars and philosophers say it so much better than I ever could.  And this one just seems especially relevant today, especially when interpreted a little bit broadly. :) I hope you all like it as much I do.  Have a lovely afternoon!  I'll spend mine writing a ten-page research paper. Boo.

2 comments:

Zoƫ said...

I love random quotes and the transcendentalists had some good ones. This reminded me of a Thoreau magnet that I found in a pile of old junk. It says, "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder."

I think I like Emerson a bit better than Thoreau though... Wow, I'm rambling. haha! Anyway, I love your quote and I wish you luck on your ten-page paper. Love ya!

Dawn said...

unencumbered by old nonsense, perfect! love you!