Monday, January 31, 2011

Waity...Amanda

You know what I hate?  When people get mad at me for saying sorry.  Does this ever happen to you guys?  For instance, something bad happens to someone.  I say, "I'm sorry."  They say, in a mean voice, "Why would you apologize?  It's not your fault."

Well, duh, it's not my fault.  But I was just expressing that I feel sorrow for the bad thing that happened to them.  Since when is that not allowed?  How is that anything other than a nice thing to say?

In Spanish, which is taking over my life and which I am very non-proficient at, you say "lo siento" when you're apologizing, which literally means, "I feel for you."

I think that rocks.  I think that people should express compassion and stuff more often.  Who is with me?

Sorry for the rant.  I'm not even referring to a specific event right now.  I think I'm just mad that it is STILL January.  This has been the longest month of my life.  I can't wait for February, because after that comes March, and after that comes April.  And in April comes my study abroad to London and the nuptials of these little cuties.



That's right.  I'm going to be in London for the royal wedding, which makes this semester SO worth it.  My life rocks.

3 comments:

Alexandra said...

no. no. no. no. no. you are NOT going to be there during the royal wedding. my girl crush on you is officially over. ;)
!!!!


(OMG IM SO EXCITED FOR YOU)

Christine Marie said...

I LOVE this post because I get the same thing all the time. It's kind of annoying. By "kind of" I mean always
Also, so jealous/excited for you.

Jennifer said...

I,too, often say I am sorry. But, I love the Spanish idiom--perfect for folks like us!