Friday, January 21, 2011

When Stalking Pays Off

You know what's fun?  Remembering where you were exactly one year ago.

 Like, this morning I had a meeting at 8 am.  One year ago, that would have been akin to 5 am for me and there's no way I would have made it on time or probably even have been able to physically wake up at that point.  My dorm sleeping habits were really, really wack.  My parents called me a vampire.  Luckily for me, my circadian rhythm has changed to that extent that, this year, I was able to rejoin the land of the living.

...I still accidentally slept through my meeting though.  It was really embarrassing.  But 8 am on a Friday?  C'mon.

Okay, okay, there's no excuse.

Another thing I was doing (in addition to be nocturnal) one year ago was stalking a boy.  Does that creep you out?  Let me explain.

There was this boy in one of my classes fall semester that I thought was really nice.  He made really smart comments in class about philosophy and other cool things.  I'm pretty we never spoke to each other even once.

Anyway, I saw him on campus one day and he was in a wheelchair.  A wheelchair!  I was pretty sure that he was not in a wheelchair the semester before.

And then a week later, I saw him in the basement of the JFSB on crutches.  I was so confused.

I saw him several more times around campus either in a wheelchair or walking with crutches.  I had to figure out what was up.  So I made mental note of all the places that I saw him and tried to be in the vicinity of those places at the same time every day.  Every time I saw him I would come home and tell Haleigh and we would get really excited.

And now, one year later, I have not only TALKED to the wheelchair/crutch boy, but am actually dating him.  I, like, love him and stuff.


It was Robby.  Isn't that funny?

8 comments:

Aly said...

this is adorable! love that pic of you guys. blog everyday??

Unknown said...

Love this story. Love you. I think this is fabulous! Most importantly...there is a ferris wheel in the background!
xoxo

Kaitlyn said...

Oh my goodness this is so cute!! i love you a ton! te extrano!

Amy said...

That was the cutest post! Robby the gimp!

Nicole said...

haha love this story!

Christine Marie said...

I, like, love this. I second Aly's vote of you blogging every day.

Positive Petersons said...

that's adorable! i miss you tons. xoxoxo

Jennifer said...

It was so hard for me to leave Robby in Provo after his knee surgery "handicapped". I am happy you noticed him and were kind to him.