Friday, October 16, 2009

Not epic.

So, I just spent like 20 hours (actually it was 2) in the BYU student health center because I thought I had swine flu. And guess what, I do! And guess what, it's no big deal! The doctor told me just to take drugs and drink water and cover my mouth when I cough and, most importantly...TO EAT AS MUCH FOOD AS I POSSIBLY WANT. Apparently, I need to give my body lots of calories so that it will heal itself. Isn't that the most exciting medical advice ever? I was so thrilled, but mostly I was just like, "why was I sitting here for two hours wearing a mask (true story, I had to wear one of those masks that the Asians wore during the whole SARS thing) just so you could tell me that i'm fine and that I should eat whatever I want. I do this anyway." But it's cool. I feel kind of awesome that i'm suffering from the biggest pandemic this century.

Also, here's something that bugs me. When people say "epic". For instance, "omg this pic is sooo epic" or "tonight is going to be so epic." No, it's not epic. It's not a huge, life-changing thing or a form of narrative poetry. It just isn't. 98% of the time, epic is the incorrect term to use to describe something. Stop saying it. It drives me insane. Thanks.

Also, feel free to feed me anything on the planet that's delicious. Doctor's orders. Freshman 15, here I come!

2 comments:

Aly said...

A few things: I can't believe you had to wear a SARS mask, that is really funny.

You should eat chicken cordon bleu, that is delicious.

It is impressive/dumb that you have had a secret blog for a month. Love ya.

Positive Petersons said...

holy cow!!!! this is phenominal! i can't believe you've got the swine flu! eat a ton of desert and those delicious french fires the cannon center has. Oh also, the creamery has TO DIE FOR guacomloe burgers.... umm hello get in my belly!!! it's so so good! and they have BOMB fries. But, enough with the food! i can't believe you have the most crazy lu ever!! that's insanity! also, i hate the use of epic. i hate it A LOT!!! i love you!